750 ml cooked pumpkin
1 litre water
625 ml maize meal
60 ml sugar
5 ml salt
Curried cabbage and liver
45 ml oil
500 g lamb's liver
1 large onion, chopped
750 ml cabbage, finely chopped
3 potatoes, peeled, diced and boiled
3 garlic cloves, crushed
15 ml curry powder
15 ml ground paprika
salt to taste
1. Boil water, then add sugar, salt, and pumpkin, stirring to mix.
2. Add maize meal and mix well. Leave to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Heat oil and gently fry liver until well cooked. Remove and keep warm.
4. Add onion, cabbage, potatoes, garlic, curry, paprika and salt and sauté until soft.
5. To serve, spoon curried cabbage over isidudu and top with liver.
Isidudu can also be enjoyed with warm milk, inkomazi or by adding margarine or butter and a little sugar.