220g split peas (red or green)
250g red onions, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
salt, to taste
4 fresh green chillies (Jalapeño or Anaheim for preference), sliced
1. Wash the split peas thoroughly then place in a pan of water, bring to a boil and cook until soft (about 60 minutes). Drain the peas and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan then add the onions and fry for about 6 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add the peas and stir to coat in the oil (this prevents sticking). Stir in the garlic, ginger, black pepper, and salt.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the sliced green chillies and stir in to mix. This dish can be served either hot or cold.
Read more: http://www.celtnet.org.uk/recipes/miscellaneous/fetch-recipe.php?rid=misc-yekik-alich-a