Madagascar is a spice island. The following recipes use ginger, garlic, and hot pepper.
2 tablespoons of oil
1/2 cup to 1 cup of thinly sliced ginger (or to taste)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 11/4 lb
1 14 1/2 oz can of chicken broth
1 package of frozen peas.
1. Heat the oil over medium high heat in a skillet.
2. Put some of the sliced ginger in the oil and brown.
3. Add in seasoned chicken with salt.
4. Heat until browned about 4 minutes.
5. Turn the pieces, reduce the heat and cook about 5 minutes more. Do not overcook.
6. Reduce the heat to medium low.
7. Pour the remaining sliced ginger over the chicken. Add the chicken broth (just enough to cover the chicken).
8. When everything comes to a boil, add frozen peas.
9. Let all cook until the juice is almost totally reduced.
Serve with steamed white rice and Lasary
Submitted by Liliane C. Koziol Ph.D.